Search engine optimization can work so well that people call it ‘hacking Google’ and other search engines. Of course, it can well be a ‘hack’ of sorts – but it’s a suitable type of hacking because it allows businesses to thrive despite intense competition. Therefore, business owners should undoubtedly try learning more about SEO at their own pace.
Consumers perform internet searches for products and services they want to use or purchase every day. Google receives over 3.5 billion queries per day. In the United States alone, 78% of people use the internet to help them make purchases. Understanding what SEO can accomplish for you will enable you to capture a significant portion of the target market.
Here’s How You Can ‘Hack’ Growth with SEO
- Keywords Are Everything – And They’re Everywhere, Too
Customers rely on keyword terms to find what they need on the internet. Therefore, keywords are the lifeblood of search engines. While not everything is reliant on keywords, the best content globally has keywords. Keywords are words or phrases that customers type into search engines. Therefore, if your website or content is well-optimized, your pages are likely to appear in search results as the most important sources of information.
How important are keywords?
1. Keywords are the basis and most important part of every website.
2. Keywords assist your audience in comprehending the information on your page and allowing people to navigate it effectively.
3. Keywords help search engine platforms understand your website and your pages better.
What are broad keywords and long-tail keywords?
Broad keywords and long-tail keywords are two different types of keywords. There are numerous keyword research tools available to assist you in determining which ones are ideal for your needs. The Google Keyword Planner, Moz, SEMRush, Neural Text, and Google Trends are some of the apps and tools that business owners can use for keyword research. Master how keyword research works, and phase one of hacking search engines is complete.
- Listen Closely to Your Customers
Customer service is critical in any business. Their opinions matter, whether they are positive or negative. No small business or enterprise will thrive if customer feedback is not part of the loop. Concentrate on what your target market wants, learn about their needs, and create content that will entice them to visit your website. Use all major search engines: Bing, Yahoo, Google, and even the up-and-coming stars like DuckDuckGo and Ecosia.
Here are several ways to gather the most up-to-date information on your consumers and their preferences:
1. Use various social media sites to gain insight into client demographics, insights, and preferences.
2. Google Analytics (now GA4) allows you to monitor the performance of your websites and pages.
3. Examine your posts to determine which ones generate the most engagement from your audience – see what gets you the most engagement, likes, and shares.
5. Most social media networks allow users to communicate their ideas openly. Start focusing on what people say about your business and your competitors. That’s valuable information.
- Create SEO-Optimized Landing Pages
A comprehensive, appealing, and highly informative SEO landing page is essential since it can enhance lead generation and sales.
Landing pages are tasked with selling products and services on websites. The homepage may be a landing page, but not all pages have the same function. Landing pages have a unique structure and format. An effective landing page must convince and convert customers.
According to one marketing survey, around 48% of marketers construct new landing pages to promote their brand and expand their market reach.
Pro Tip: The more landing pages you design, the more traffic you’ll get. You can have one or several landing pages on your website for the same service, utilizing different keywords.
A good landing page has three traits:
1. No hassle browsing with the best on-page navigation.
2. Attractive, practical, and instructive information will create the best first impression.
3. A powerful CTA will entice people to perform a necessary, intended action such as buying a product or signing up for future updates.
- Create A Mobile-Friendly Website
Gone are when people could only do stuff on a desktop computer. We now have cellphones, laptops, and handheld gadgets to access our email anywhere. As a result, it’s more crucial than ever to make sure your websites and pages look great and work properly on the devices listed above. In addition, app compatibility is a huge issue if you want to improve usability, accessibility, and reach.
You don’t want to miss out on almost 60% of daily searches conducted on mobile devices. Furthermore, the e-commerce industry is becoming increasingly popular. Experts estimate that about 45% of all online transactions in the United States alone are completed on mobile devices. So your website’s mobile-friendliness can either make or break your business.
- Add Infographics to The Mix
Only 10% of what a person hears and 20% of what they read will be remembered out of all the stuff that they encounter in real. Yet, surprisingly, people remember a staggering 80% of what they see.
This is the power of visualization or using visual graphics to communicate. Infographics take center stage wherever they’re posted.
According to studies, quality infographics have been proved to improve website traffic by as much as 193%. In addition, compared to a standard article, the content given in infographics is 30 times more likely to be read or looked through from top to bottom.
The benefit of employing infographics is that the human brain processes visual material at a blinding pace – some 60,000 times faster than the written word. Experts estimate that 65% of all social media users are visual learners.
Users appreciate well-organized infographics with relevant creative material. Infographics can quickly pique the audience’s interest.
Below are tips for creating valuable infographics for your business:
1. A timeline is used to present historical data.
2. Relevant data is displayed in alphabetical order.
3. Compare and contrast ideas to evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of a topic.
4. Display aggregated data and current statistics.
- Use Social Media to Share Relevant Content
It’s the rule of this generation that you need to create and provide engaging and relevant social media content. Ensure the content is accurate, authoritative, and always made using reputable sources. In addition, your content must be relevant and give value to your company. Content is the secret weapon used by most successful digital marketers. And studies indicate that content marketing does increase the financial bottom line.